Golf Tips On Playing From The Rough
Tips from top golf instructors on playing from the rough. We all
end up there some part of the game. These tips will help you get
out, without losing a stroke.
Getting Out From The Tree
When your ball lands at the base of a tree, your best option may
be hitting the ball left-handed.
- Address the ball like a left handed player
- Turn the clubhead over so the toe is resting on the ground.
- Take an overlapping left-hand grip.
- Position the ball behind the center of your stance.
- Place about 60 percent of your weight your front foot, to encourage
a descending blow.
- Keep the lower body still. Use a slow, smooth, abbreviated backswing
Next: Tips on Chipping
Back to Top
Golf Tips Series
Golf Grip | Address
| Mental Game | Golf
Swing | Tee Off |
The Rough | Chipping | Putting